Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maple Truffles

11-20-10
  So ends a 4 day work week.  All week we got off early so I took advantage by spending that extra time creating new yummies and filling some orders (which I will post later).  I started off the week with the Cake Bites that I already posted.  But on Tuesday it was time to attempt the maple truffles that I've been wanting to make for a while now.  They aren't great photo shots but they were great on taste.  Like the Oreo Truffles, they were rich for those with a small sweet tooth.  Pretty much everyone liked them including some who didn't think they would considering they were maple.  My worse complaint was from Cara.  Cara already knew she wouldn't prefer maple but gave it a try anyway.  She said after eating it she wanted some sausage, hash browns, orange juice, and toast (I think that was the whole menu).  Sorry Cara I don't cater full meals but I do appreciate you testing them anyway.  I actually have an order for half a dozen of the Cake Bites and  half of the Maple Truffles for Nick on Monday.  Thanks Nick, I'm so glad you liked them enough to place an order.  
   I have many taste testers at work which were really only for the purpose of feedback.  It turns out that some of my coworkers have actually become my customers which was NOT my original intention. I find it so interesting how everybody has the same number of taste buds yet they all have different preferences.  One person might think something is great and another might not.  I'm actually learning the different likes & dislikes of my coworkers including allergies.
  So here are the pictures which aren't anything fancy but they do entice my sweet tooth. 
  

YUM Maple

Then for the chocolate and sprinkles.
One for me.......
Just a sneak peak before I.....


Place them in their little wrappers.
 Then off to work we go.
  

No comments: