Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Iris

11-2-10  Happy Birthday(10-29) 
  Ok so I'm a little late with my post.  Last Saturday was Iris's birthday, a coworker of mine.  I asked her what her favorite flavor was and she said chocolate.....AMEN SISTER!  Chocolate, the only REAL food!  Saturday morning I was checking my emails and opened a message from one of my blogs that I subscribe to.  AND THERE IT WAS...chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing.  You might be thinking big deal but these were no ordinary cupcakes.  These cupcakes had rats all over them.  No NOT REAL RATS, fake ones.  I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of making these for Iris.  I wasn't sure if the site of rats all over her cupcakes would make her sick so I had some doubts.  But I knew that Iris had a sense of humor so I thought I would give it a try hoping that I wouldn't have to apologize to her later.  I do want to thank Mandy for such a funny idea that she shared from her blog.  And although Mandy's creation was for Halloween I mentioned that it would make a great gag gift all year round.  I did add one little touch of my own though to Mandy's idea.....RAT DROPPINGS.  I made them from the extra chocolate cake that I removed from the cupcakes.  So are you ready?.....hold your stomach....











I slipped in some mini reeses cups that you couldn't see
once the cupcakes were iced.
 

Yummy rat crap  Goofy 


This big guy looks like he's protecting his cupcake.



You couldn't see it in any of the pictures but I cut a small hole in the cupcake liner at the bottom
as if the rats were gnawing through the wrapper.

I thought icing on the rat's nose was a cute touch.

These two rats look like they're in a cupcake war.


You can see the hole a little better at the bottom of this picture.






Nothing like rat droppings on your cupcakes....tasty


  
I liked the way the rat's tail drooped over the edge of the cupcake. 





 Rat...THE END... Angelic Mouse 

No comments: