Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Edible Roses

8-25-10
  Today I have lots to do around the house so I won't be creating anything new today.  As I've already mentioned I would be posting previous creations and today I've got lots of pictures of some edible roses.  They take me a long time to do, approximately half and hour for each rose. Besides being so time consuming to make, one of the things I didn't like about making the roses was the fact that they are VERY heat sensitive.  When I was making them it was hot and humid and the roses wilted like real flowers in the heat.  They were fun and nice to look at though.  So here are the different roses made in a variety of candy flavors & colors.



This was my 1st rose.  It was made out of  3 flavors of
Star Burst candies.  It didn't have leaves because
I didn't have any green candy at the time.


Yellow rose was banana Laffy Taffy and green
(I think apple) Star Bursts



I really liked the purple rose.  It was the hardest to do
because I used grape Now & Laters.  Now & Laters break like
glass and are very hard once they're cooled down.


The red rose was cherry and apple Frooties which are
a type of fruit Tootsie Roll.


These roses were made from Tootsie Rolls.  The leaves
were apple flavored Laffy Taffy



I wasn't sure of a rose in one color but it actually looked
fine.  The rose was strawberry Star Burst and the
leaves were cherry Laffy Taffy

 
My rose Flower Patch
 
I like being different & creative so I thought I would
attempt a multicolored rose done in a variety of
Salt Water Taffy.  I made it with my Mother in mind
because she loves Salt Water Taffy.  Besides all the
colors, I thought the variety of flavors made this rose
special & unique


No comments: