Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back Home

8-24-10 Window
  Well I'm back home from visiting Mo (my Mother) and her dinner party went well.  Mo is 76 years old and can barely walk so having this dinner was a big deal!!!   Mo actually sat in a chair with wheels to move around while putting some of her dinner together.  Mo made Japanese fried rice which she learned years ago from an old friend who was actually Japanese.  My chocolate strawberry cups and oreo truffles were a thumbs up as well.  In fact Mo's best friend Minnie Pearl, yes that's her real name (my 2nd Mom) said the truffles were "to die for".  I wish I could take credit for the recipe.
The bottom of the vase is layered with buttercream mints,
junor mints, gourmet heart jelly beans and M&Ms 
  So since I don't have anything new today I've got pictures of my very first candy bouquet that I did for Mo this past Mother's day.  Excuse the quality of the pictures taken on Mo's kitchen table.  I never thought I would be posting this bouquet. If I knew they were going to be posted I would've removed some of the items on her table.





I used a variety of candies.  The red roses were the "Big Stuffed" reeses
cups that I wrapped with some red cellophane.  Then I topped it
with a carmel "Bulls Eye".
I used any cookie that I could pierce without breaking and
had a flowery shape to it.  I loved the chocolate covered marshmallow
cookies.  The graham cracker cheesecake cookies & the fudge striped
cookies made nice flowers as well.
 



No comments: