Friday, August 27, 2010

Birthday & Father's Day Candy Bouquet

8-27-10
  I tried to post my candy buffet yesterday but for some reason I was having camera/computer tech problems. Perturbed So I thought I would post some previous candy bouquets that I did back in June. The bouquets were for a couple of coworkers.  Tiffany wanted a bouquet for her son's birthday using any kind of candy.  We came up with the idea to do it in a sports theme.  Sofia wanted a bouquet for her Father.  She told me not to use sour candy and that her Father liked nuts.  Bouquets aren't always about what you're going to put into the arrangement but sometimes what to leave out as well.  The 2 bouquets look similar but they do have variations as you will see.... 
This was Tiffany's son's bouquet.  Doing it in a sports theme was challenging
because it was hard to find sports candy without going online.  Online orders
tend to have larger minimums

 I really liked the rose buds that I made with candy coated
chocolate covered sunflower seeds. 
They were a bit time consuming though.
I only included football, basketball & baseball as the types
of sports Tiffany suggested
I couldn't remove the soccer ball from the balloon  Hmm
These were 3 of the 5 flavors of twislers that I curled.  The M&M blossoms were
strawberry marshmallows stuffed with a cherry and topped with
chocolate & baby M&Ms
As in the 1st picture you can see that I layered peanut M&Ms in the bottom of the vase
NEXT UP.....SOFIA'S Bouquet....

 I used beer steins instead of vases for these bouquets to give them that manly touch.  Us girls would use a vase
after the candy's gone but I didn't think the guys would find much use for a flower vase.
This stein was layered with sesame seed covered cashews, baby M&Ms, toffee peanuts and both steins  were topped
 with a rice crispy treat to give it that foam look.
  I made reeses stems which almost didn't make it in the arrangement (Reeses are the best)
 Viewed looking down into the bouquet was pretty cool.  I try to check all angles to make sure it's all evenly filled.
This is one of my favorite shots, in part because it's mostly chocolate.  Every time I've made one of the reeses flowers
I've improved on the Bulls Eye candy I topped it with.  The 1st one I just added the candy.  2nd time I cut the sides to
give it more of a flowery shape.  This time I topped the Bulls Eye with a tiny ball of carmel.  I also used blue, yellow &
purple cellophane instead of just the red like I did in my first 2 bouquets


No comments: